Monday, April 12, 2010

Dog Bites

Ok, this is addicting, it's almost 4 in the morning and I can't sleep. My legs are hurting and I'm was just lying there thinking about what I wanted to blog, so why not get up and do it so I could get some sleep. Restless minds really want to know what's going on in my head, yeah right ! I was thinking about my mom. She called me yesterday morning to tell me about her neighbors dog, a Pitbull that had got out and was in her yard. They (her and John) first noticed it in their back yard, ate all the cat food and I guess it got into their trash. So mom when back thru the house and went out the front door the go and tell the neighbors but somehow became face to face with the dog, so as mom turned to walk away, the dog bit her on the hand as she was lifting it up. The dog followed her, nipping at her all the way back to her door. They called 911 and they came out and took the dog away. Apparently the neighbors were gone all weekend camping and the dog has 5 puppies. I just don't understand why people don't keep their dogs tied up, even though they have a fenced yard, the dog was still able to get out. I hate the fact that my mom spends a lot of time outside in her yard and knowing this dog can get to her just bugs me ! I remember years ago when my Uncle Mel died and my mom and dad got his dog. I believe it was a Alaskan Husky, beautiful pure white, but that was the meanest dog I had ever seen. You just look at it and it would grawl at you. That dog, named Alex, bit my mom twice. If it was me, that dog would have already been put down. The dog liked my dad and followed him everywhere. One day my dad was tinkering with something in the back yard, and Alex seen another dog across the street and went after it and was hit by a car. He didn't die. I happened to be at there house that day when it happened and my dad came into the house white as a ghost and all shook up and told us what happened. Dad had really got attached to that dog. So we put the dog in to my car and rushed him to the Vet hospital. He was pretty bad, lost most all of his teeth (won't bite mom anymore). There wasn't much they could do for him. Mom and dad nursed him for quit some time and he got better for awhile, but they ended up putting him down. My mom is 76 years old and I don't think she needs any more dog bites in her lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment